Join us for our seventh annual Cemetery Walk! The walk will run on Saturday October 30th and Sunday October 31st, starting at 11am each day. The walk runs for approximately 1.5 hours. Meet at the Smithers Municipal Cemetery (1958 Dominion Street).
Admission is free, donations in support of Museum events and activities are greatly appreciated.
Please remember to dress for the weather, and be prepared to walk over uneven or wet ground. Seating is not available. Dogs are not allowed to enter the cemetery (cemetery rule) and must remain outside the gate.
Updated to include policies in place for Northern Health as of October 14th:
- Pre-registration is not required. Outdoor organized event capacity is 100 people. The usual number of attendees for these events is approximately 30-50 people.
- Attendees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and must present their valid BC Vaccine Card and accompanying piece of ID at the cemetery gate before entry.
- Attendees must wear a mask that fully covers the nose, mouth, and chin for the entire event. Face shields are not considered an adequate substitute.
- Attendees will be asked to physically distance as much as possible during the event
- The museum will be collecting names and phone numbers for attendees for contact tracing
- Participants will be asked to self-assess based on standard Covid-19 screening questions before entering the event space
- The required Covid-19 safety plan for the event will be available for interested patrons to review
Please note that these policies are subject to change based on updates to current health restrictions and policies set by Northern Health or the Province of BC.