The Bulkley Valley Museum is seeking a contract custodian for the Old Church in Smithers (3704 1st Avenue).
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Flexible, dependent on rental of the Old Church hall
Compensation: monthly retainer of $125, plus $22 per cleaning (approx. 1 hour/cleaning)
Primary cleaning duties include:
- Floors: sweep and mop washroom and kitchen floors, steam mop on wood main hall area
- Clean/sanitize kitchen counters and fridge, load and empty dishwasher, occasional handwashing of dishes, etc. to maintain food safe standards
- Cleaning/sanitizing washrooms
- Garbage removal from main hall and garden receptacles
- Restocking supplies (e.g. paper towel, toilet paper, hand soap, ice melt etc.) from appropriate retailers as needed
- Snow removal using shovel from front ramp and back steps (seasonal)
- Dusting/cleaning of appliances, piano, cupboard tops, windows, etc. on a regular basis throughout the year
- Inspect the Hall after events, and communicate any damages to Bulkley Valley Museum staff
Prior experience, attention to detail, and ability to undertake the physical demands of the job required. Ability to access the Old Church rental schedule online (Google Calendar) and to communicate with museum staff on a regular basis via phone, text, or email required.
Candidates must be able to accommodate the flexible rental schedule of the Old Church. Schedule is dependent on rental of the facility, and may require cleanings during the day, evenings, or weekends. The facility may be rented more than once per day and requiring cleanings between each rental. For further detail, contact the BV Museum to discuss.
Submit resume to the Bulkley Valley Museum via email to email@example.com, or in person to the Museum (1425 Main St. Smithers) by 5pm on Monday August 15th. Please include 2-3 references that can speak to prior related experience.
The Bulkley Valley Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates meeting the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted after August 15th. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.