The Bulkley Valley Museum, with support from the Town of Smithers, is compiling a Community Heritage Register. The purpose of a Community Heritage Register is a list of properties that are recognized as having heritage value or character. It is an important educational tool that formally identifies and documents historic places in Smithers.
Everyone is invited to share their suggestions, so the register reflects the many stories, experiences, and histories of Smithers.
There are three ways to participate:
- Take the survey (open until May 30th 2023)
- Nominate a property
- Request a small group conversation with the BVM. Contact Curator Kira Westby at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Google Earth tour of currently identified historic building and places of Smithers
- Project Poster
- February 22nd 2023 Public Information Session presentation slides
- Canada’s Historic Places
- Criteria for Statements of Significance
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the 150 Time Immemorial Grant program, administered by Heritage BC.